Draft a 6-page report on outcome measures, issues, and opportunities for the executive leadership team or applicable stakeholder group.
Note: Each assessment in this course builds on the work you completed in the previous assessment. Therefore, you must complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
As a nurse leader, you may be called upon to submit a detailed report to your executive leadership team and key stakeholders that describes a quality or safety problem and its effects on outcomes, fully supported by relevant and credible data.
This assessment provides an opportunity to draft such a report in which you can call attention to quality and safety issues and opportunities, effectively support your position, and lay out a plan for change.
This assessment is based on the executive summary you prepared in the previous assessment.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Your executive summary captured the attention and interest of the executive leadership team, who have asked you to provide them with a detailed report addressing outcome measures and performance issues or opportunities, including a strategy for ensuring that all aspects of patient care are measured.
Note: Remember that you can submit all or a portion of your draft report to Smarthinking for feedback before you submit the final version for this assessment. However, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24–48 hours for receiving feedback, if you plan on using this free service.
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
- How might you engage stakeholders to help develop, implement, and sustain a vision to actually change and improve patient outcomes?
- What arguments might be most effective in obtaining agreement and support?
- What recommendations would you make to implement a proposed plan for change?
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Outcome Measures, Issues, and Opportunities Scoring Guide. Be sure that your written analysis addresses each point, at a minimum. You may also want to read the Outcome Measures, Issues, and Opportunities Scoring Guide and Guiding Questions: Outcome Measures, Issues, and Opportunities [DOCX] to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
Drafting the Report
- Analyze organizational functions, processes, and behaviors in high-performing health care organizations or practice settings.
- Determine how organizational functions, processes, and behaviors affect outcome measures associated with the systemic problem identified in your gap analysis.
- Identify the quality and safety outcomes and associated measures relevant to the performance gap you intend to close. Create a spreadsheet showing the outcome measures.
- Identify performance issues or opportunities associated with particular organizational functions, processes, and behaviors and the quality and safety outcomes they affect.
- Outline a strategy, using a selected change model, for ensuring that all aspects of patient care are measured and that knowledge is shared with the staff.
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!